PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS THEN WATCH ALL 3 VIDEOS FOR MEDGROUP1–THANKS!
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, I (Dr. Hauser) am shifting away from offering in-person group medical visits in my practice until it is safe to resume them. I am posting some of the educational content I would normally cover in Medgroup Program group visits on the Chef In Medicine website so it is accessible for my patients (and others) online.
Please note that the content in the presentation is not intended to be medical advice outside the context of an established, in-person patient-doctor relationship. The 3 videos below cover physical activity, some non-medication pain management options, and weight management medications (aka. weight loss medications). The videos make up much of the educational content offered in the first visit of the Medgroup Program (Medgroup1). The overall Medgroup Program usually includes this educational content presented in three, 2-hour, in-person group visits plus 1:1 telephone visits with Dr. Hauser. The Medgroup Program aims to help those with overweight and obesity to lose weight and be healthier. All in-person appointments have temporarily been changed to telephone or video visits due to COVID-19.
If you are a patient of Dr. Hauser’s:
- You will be sent a package of accompanying materials in the mail that should arrive before your scheduled telephone visit. The telephone visit shows up as “Medgroup1-Tele” on your appointment schedule.
- Make sure to read the instructions in that package–there are some time-sensitive items that need to be returned by mail or secure message.
- Please also make sure to watch ALL 3 VIDEOS (scroll down for videos) for the Medgroup1 session before your scheduled phone call with Dr. Hauser. The goal of this brief phone call will be to answer questions you have after watching the videos and for you to request any items you would like from your “MOVE TIME Medgroup1 Check Out Sheet” (fill this sheet out as you watch the videos).
- Typically, within a few weeks, you will be scheduled for another telephone appointment (labeled “Telephone-Hauser” on your appointment schedule) at which time you’ll be given personalized recommendations related to weight loss and health. This is also when most patients would be given a prescription a weight loss medication if appropriate (not required and not always appropriate). This gives Dr. Hauser time to review your medical chart, read your “MOVE TIME New Patient Information” questionnaire, and confirm you’ve had a recent physical exam.
- Additional Medgroup Program visits for Medgroup2 and Medgroup3 will be scheduled after you complete Medgroup1. If possible, these will be in-person group visits. If unsafe to hold group visits due to COVID-19, you will be given instructions to watch Medgroup2 and Medgroup3 videos and then will be scheduled another telephone visit with Dr. Hauser much like you’re doing for Medgroup1.
- If you are a Veteran’s Affairs patient and are not signed up for or using My HealtheVet, the Secure Messaging email system, please consider signing up if you have regular Internet access via computer or smart phone. This allows you to secure email me directly and is the best way to stay connected during remote and telephone visits. You can sign up by going to www.myhealth.va.gov , clicking on the green “Register” box (see image below), and following instructions on the page.
Note: comments are disabled on this post. If you are not my patient, I cannot answer your medical questions. If you are my patient, I cannot answer your questions on this website because that would violate HIPAA; please message me through the usual clinical contact methods such as Secure Messaging or by calling clinic to leave a message or speak with a nurse.