Award-winning Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 1-12 ounce package firm, silken tofu (lite or regular)–this is the kind that sits on the shelf unrefrigerated
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin (without sweetener or spices)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust (pre-made or from recipe, below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In food processor or blender, blend tofu, pumpkin, brown and white sugars, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt until completely smooth (no white tofu specks should be visible).
- Pour filling into the piecrust and bake for 35-60 minutes. The timing is always quite different for me; check with a thermometer in the center to see when it reaches at least 160℉. Alternatively, you can remove it from the oven when the edges are well set and the center BARELY jiggles. Cool completely on a rack and then refrigerate until serving.